Greg and I were blessed with the opportunity to take our first "vacation" alone in two years! As you know, Greg is a realtor for Keller Williams in Lubbock! Every year they hold a "family reunion" in a city and all of the agents from across the nation make it if they can, hence "family reunion"! I just came along for the ride!! We left on Saturday and we have had such a relaxing time! My camera is not wanting to upload pictures right now (darn it), so I will have to get back to those when we get home!
Saturday when we arrived, our hotel room was not ready so we dropped off our bags and hit the pavement! We went down to the convention center where the Keller Williams seminars were going to be held! We ate lunch on the Mississippi and just admired the scenery! That night, we went to a restaurant called Rocko & KuKu's (? I think?) in the French Quarter! I had Mahi Mahi and Grilled Shrimp and it was AMAZING! Then Greg and I toodled on over to Bourbon Street, which was complete chaos really, and watched a great jazz band! It was a total New Orleans experience, and what a great first night!
Sunday, Greg had classes all day, so I met him for lunch at a BBQ place called the Ugly Dog Saloon and BBQ! It was sooo good! Then, that evening we went down to the riverwalk again, which is on the Mississippi, and ate crab legs at a restaurant called The Crazy Lobster! YUMMERS! I will NEVER be able to eat at Red Lobster again after having this fresh seafood! OH MY!
Monday came really quick it seems! While Greg was at his conference, I hit the Casino! HA! I was actually a little nervous just to sit down and play by myself, but I did it anyway! LOL! Let's just say, New Orleans Harrah's Casino as a bit of me left behind! I didn't win diddly, but it sure was fun! So, I got out of there before I was tempted to blow anymore of my money and I walked the shops on the riverwalk! It was a beautiful day and I found the girls some adorable dolls and myself a hat! Monday night was amazing though! The Keller Williams offices from Lubbock, Midland and Amarillo all got together for dinner at Emeril's Delmonico Restaurant! It was FABULOUS! We had drinks, appetizers, salad, a pork loin entree with black eyed peas and a desert to die for! The dining experience was one like I have never had before! At each course, the waiters would all gather around your table and set down everyone's plates at the exact same time! It was too much fun! It was also very wonderful getting to visit with all the other realtors that Greg works with!
Today, Tuesday, has been so calm and relaxing too! I actually slept in this morning and almost fell out of bed when I realized it was 10 'O CLOCK! I do not think I have slept until 10, since........hmmmmm? That's a toughy! Anyways, I met Greg for lunch at a place called "Butchers", and I have seen this place on the Food Network before....I think on Rachel Ray's Weekend Getaways? I am going to have to research that one, anyways....the food was D-LISH! I am so glad we came across this place! THEN, THIS AFTERNOON....I GOT AN HOUR LONG FACIAL, and it was WONDERFUL! Oh my, that is all I can say about it, it was Wonderful!
So, I am just waiting on Gregory to get back to the hotel to see what Tuesday night has in store for us! Tomorrow, I believe we are going on a city tour...and I am way excited about that!
I have checked on the girls at least two or three times a day! I miss them so much, my heart hurts! But, we will be home before we know it and they are having a blast with all of the grandparents!
Hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday night too!
Love, Lauren
1 comment:
What a fun trip! Enjoy your time in New Orleans!
Post a Comment