Greg and I had an opportunity to be involved in an event that was absolutely AMAZING last night! The sunday school class that we have been attending put on a "Thanksgiving Basket" event through our Church. Over 200 baskets were filled with food items and donated by people within the Church! Then, last night, a group got together and went to a place in downtown Lubbock, Tx called Jacob's Ladder and delivered the baskets to the less fortunate first hand! It was absolutely moving!
Jacob's Ladder was opened about 10 years ago and every Tuesday night, they have a meal and have a worship service afterwards. Last night, we were able to join them in their worship service! I think that this was the most moving part for myself--they held there hands high, clapped and sang at the top of their lungs to Our God! They praised His name and gave thanks for WHAT THEY DO HAVE! How awesome and humbling is that! They may not have many "material" things in their lives, but they have God in their hearts and Faith in their lives!
To be quite honest, I was REALLY nervous and did not know what to expect! I am the kind of girl that turns pretty much any moment into a "kleenex" moment! I did not want to get there and turn into a blubber ball! However, when we arrived and saw the individuals and precious children that were receiving these gifts, my heart was filled with love, joy, hope, a touch of sadness and most of all I really, I mean really, realized how many individuals out there, even just in our little town, need to know there is love out there for them and help too!
I am really thankful that Greg and I had this opportunity and that we took a step forward and actually participated! It really opened my eyes, but most of all....I think it really opened my heart!
Pretty Awesome!
2 comments:
That sounds awesome! What an honor to be a part of something like that!
Hi Lauren,
I hope you remember me... I am the other "bicornuate uterus" person. Well as I sat here and was reading blogs I remembered you have one too BUT that you also have been blessed with 2 beautiful girls. Congrats on Abigail she is precious.. Both of your girls are!
I wanted to see if you wouldn't mind emailing me. I am pregnant (14 weeks) and since you have gone thru it 2x I would love to know how it all went having a uterus that way. My email is butterfly082402atyahoodotcom.
God bless & Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family,
Melanie
Post a Comment