Something has really been on my mind lately...do you ever do that? You know, where you just let it turn and turn and you just think and think until it about drives you batty? Well...I am so there!
When we lived in New Braunfels, I had a great, exciting and challenging job! I was a Selections Coordinator for a Custom Home Builder! I loved it! I was able to meet with people, use my imagination and creativity and most importantly...I felt, well, important. When the housing market crashed so suddenly, I lost my job. We were seven weeks pregnant with Abigail when this happened, and at the time...honestly, I was thrilled! I was able to be at home with Paisleigh, who was 15 months at the time, and since I am SO sick at the beginning of my pregnancies...I was glad not to have to call into work all the time and could just veg out in my pj's all day!
Then, we decided to move back to Lubbock, which is home! I was so thankful that God led us to this decision! I believe that this is the best move, literally, that we have ever made! We are close to both of our families and the girls will know ALL of their family! WONDERFUL! I was lucky enough to find a job with Covenant as a Patient Representitive, which is front office, and I do like it! I get to see people and I work with people that I really do enjoy....but-----here lately, something has really been pulling at my heart strings to find something else! To do something more challenging...something that gets me excited...something that drives me!
I have always considered myself, ummm....unique. Which I do not think is a bad thing, at all! I love to be creative and a little different! I love people and I love work--when it is challenging and exciting! Now, please do not get me wrong...My DREAM JOB is to be a stay at mommy! However, at this point...that is not looking like an option for me right now! and....that is ok! I really like the girls day care facility, their teachers and how clean it is! :) Plus, Paisleigh LOVES it!
So, my friends! I have decided to set a goal for myself, an ambition, an adventure! I have decided what I want to strive to do with my life (since I am 27 and not getting any younger), besides serve God, be a loving wife and a perfect (wink wink) mommy! I want to be a BUSINESS OWNER!
Yes, I am going to open my VERY OWN Home Decor store! This has always been a dream of mine and I know it will be long hours, challenging, adventerous, exciting and frustrating; however, I CANNOT WAIT! I have so many plans and ideas and at the same time...I am so nervous and scared! I have a hard time believing in myself sometimes...and, I need to overcome this...because I CAN SUCCEED! My husband is SO supportive and my family is behind me, which means the world!
I am starting to develop a business plan, ideas and looking at property! So, please pray for me! Pray for me to believe in myself and to never loose sight of my dream--even when things get hard! and...PLEASE, if you have any advice or similar feelings...please share...I am all ears!
Thanks for reading, I do appreciate it from the bottom of my nervous heart! :)
Lauren!
1 comment:
Lauren,
This sounds fantastic and I know you will do great! I wish you the best and I know God will guide you in every direction He wants for you.
In Christ,
Melanie
Post a Comment