Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Life, RSV and Home for the Holidays!

Well...Hello! It has been a while!! Life has been a bit involved these days and I honestly have not had the "want to" to blog about it! Where to start....

In mid November I had something happen to me that I thought never would! Naive, yes....but I honestly did not see it coming! I was laid off from my job! The job I absolutely LOVED! You know though, the more we thought about it and the more I came to terms with the situation....I realized that God had only answered a prayer that I had been praying about for a long time. I was now able to STAY HOME with my little angel, Paisleigh! Let me tell you--it has been the most amazing month of my life! On top of that, I was laid off at a time in my pregnancy where I had HORRIBLE morning sickness with Baby Brownd #2! So, God has perfect timing!

Speaking of Baby Brownd #2....Everything is still going great!! I am in the middle of my 12th week and I am feeling SOOOOOOOOOO much better!! I have not gotten sick in ONE WEEK!! I have not had to take Zofran in almost TWO WEEKS!! I never thought I would see the day!! :) I have an appointment to hear the beautiful heartbeat on Friday!! I am so excited!! So, First Trimester....See ya later!! YEA!!!!!

On a much scarier and serious note!! Our Paisleigh is really sick right now!! She and I came home last Saturday just to visit a while. She had already had a little cough and runny nose...but no biggie! Yea right! On Sunday her cough sounded AWFUL and she started running fever....and Monday was not any better! So on Tuesday I called her doctor in New Braunfels to set something up for when we returned on Wednesday (today)....and she told me not to wait to take her to a dr. asap! Thank goodness we have some relatives at a Children's hospital in Lubbock. We got her in and sure enough.....She has RSV and a really bad Ear Infection!! So, we are doing breathing treatments, antibiotics and we were instructed NOT to go back home unitl she is well!! That means...We are home for the holidays for almost TWO WEEKS total!! OH MY!! More poor hubbie is back home all alone and tomorrow is our 4 year wedding anniversary!! Great Timing, huh!! Oh well, that's life.....as long as our little one get's better...Everything is worth it! He is going to come down on Saturday for the week of Christmas...so our little family will be re-united soon!!

I hope everyone has a FABULOUS Christmas holiday and everyone stays healthy this season!!!

Take Care and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

5 comments:

Antoinette13 said...

Poor Paisleigh! She will be in my prayers!!! I'm so glad things are going so good for you, give me a call whenever you can, I still have your book! I haven't seen you to give it back yet!

NieNie and Goose said...

Poor Paisleigh! I hope she gets to feeling better very soon!!!! Isn't God 'funny' on timing sometimes? We just always have to remember that there IS a reason for everything and we just have to trust that He does know what He's doing! :) Love ya! Give Paisleigh hugs!

Daintry said...

Poor thing! I hope she is feeling better!

Chris and Hayden said...

Lola! So glad you found my blog so I could find yours! Congratulations on #2~! That is so exciting! Your beautiful family just keeps getting bigger & better! Yay!

Melanie said...

Lauren,

Please email me your address at butterfly082402@yahoo since I'm going private on my blog. Thanks so much!