Well Well Well.....It has been a day or two since I last blogged. Things have been a little exciting around our neck of the woods. We found out a few weeks ago that we are expecting Baby Brownd #2!! Yes, We Are and We are THRILLED. The hubbie and I were just getting into the mindset of starting to think about trying again....But, God has His perfect timing and we are so thankful for this miraculous blessing He has given us!
If you know me and my "history"--you would know that this (having a child of my own) is something that at one time in my life....I didn't think I would be able to do!! I was diagnosed with a bicornuate uterus at the age of 20. What this is a uterus that is "heart shaped"--divided in half--a uterus with two horns (sides). Obviously this is something I was born with...but upon learning the information....it was terrifying and discouraging. And for a long time, I was honestly really embarrassed to open up and talk about it. The hubbie, actually at the time of learning this he was my fiance, anyways he was so amazing with the news and even though our future was unknown if we would be blessed with children....we had each other and God and we knew if we put our Faith in Him he would guide us and bless us...either way.
The hubbie and I did miscarry with our first pregnancy. That is one of the hardest things I have ever been through. There are literally days where the grief and sadness float back by still...but I always remember that GOD was the only way that I got through that time in my life. He is so amazing and so giving and He did not leave my side once... He is so great, even when things are taken away from us. I grew in my Faith and in my marriage through that pain. Which now, as I think about it quite a bit....I think I needed to go through that process to prepare me for Paisleigh (Baby Brownd #1) and our family's future, but especially my relationship with God.
When we found out we were pregnant with Paisleigh in November of 2006, I had a sense of peace about the pregnancy. I knew how hard the hubbie and I had prayed for a child. I knew that God is in full control and I knew if this was our time....everything with this child and this pregnancy was going to be ok. I can not tell you the feeling that the hubbie and I had come over us at that first sonogram at 6 weeks and saw that perfect little heartbeat. We knew that this was our time. I delivered Paisleigh at 35 weeks, which was really good for a bicornuate pregnancy. The little sweetie just ran out of room, seeming as though she only had half a uterus to grow in....And she is absolutely perfect and the joy of our lives. There is not one day that I do not thank God for this Angel in my life. If you are a mom and you can look into your childs eyes and see there beautiful soul...you know what I mean.
After having Paisleigh, I knew that medical condition or not....against all odds....with God, I can do all things!! So now, as He has blessed us with a second miracle....I am speechless. I have gone from thinking I would never hold or know a child of my own...to being blessed with a Perfect almost 16 month old Baby Girl, Paisleigh and one on the way.....PRAISE GOD FOR HE IS GREAT!!
I am in my 8th week of this pregnancy! I know it is early and so much can still happen; however, I know that I have God with me and He has His Miraculous Hands at work in our lives. We are so thankful!! We had our first dr. apt. at 6 weeks and we did see the beautiful perfect heartbeat!! And let me tell you, I got the same feeling over me as I did when we saw Paisleigh's heartbeat for the first time. We go back next week for another check--up....I will keep you posted.
Sorry for the long rambling...but with two beautiful miracles like these....I had to share!!
Have a great weekend!!
4 comments:
Amber told me yesterday, congrats!! I also know how discouraging it can be when your told that it may not be possible to have children and I know that feeling of when you hear the heartbeat and see the baby on that sonogram screen. Praise God for your new miracle!
Congrats! I am very excited for you guys!
YEA!!! I'm so excited for you guys! Ya'll are such wonderful parents! It is such a blessing!
YAY! Im so happy for you and your sweet little family! God has a plan for you!
Post a Comment