Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Walking, Cheetos & Mashed Potatos! What??

YES!! WALKING,CHEETOS and MASHED POTATO'S...You'll See:

We have officially accomplished WALKING!! Yes, our 14 Month Old is walking and, I do have to say, slightly running EVERYWHERE!! It is precious to watch the little angel toddle with her hands up in the air for balance and her tummy sticking out leading the way!! I could not be more proud of the little one!! The hubbie and I just watch the child walk and play and we have the BIGGEST and goofiest (if that is a word) smile on our faces!!
Her favorite thing right now is to walk around and around our kitchen island with a small bag of unopened cheetos and shake them and crunch them and she just talks up a storm while she is walking. I LOVE IT!! It really shows us how the simple things in life...usually turn up to be the most fun.
To tell you something, I have really been working on not being so "busy" in my daily life with work, laundry, cleaning, dishes, etc... When we get home, I hug and squeeze, and sit and play with Pais...and it usually turns out to be a blast. I know that sounds odd...but, if you have ever played with a 14 month old...they really look at things in a new light. To me, now, God, My Husband, Our Daughter, our Family and our Church are absolutely the most important things in our lives. I have looked back on the things that used to take up so much of my time, strength and worry...and I have to laugh at myself now for thinking that those tiny things used to matter so much and now, they mean so little. NOW, with GOD right in the middle of my marriage and family...the things He needs me to focus on...My Faith and Family...are defiantly the BIGGEST things in my life.
You know, no matter what is happening in our lives...Miss P makes everything perfect. God absolutely has a plan for our lives and Miss P is the reason for mine. This morning when she woke up, she just loved and hugged on me and I seriously thought to myself, standing in her room, in the dark, with her clinging to my neck..."How, how in the world was I so lucky to be given such a blessing? My day...My life...is going to be GREAT!".
Ok, Ok, enough rambling...getting to the Mashed Potato's...Miss P has learned that she DOES NOT, by any means, need us to feed her when she eats!! She is our little Miss Independent, I can do it Myself, baby!! SO, we had grilled chicken and black eyed peas...which, she has mastered; however, I threw in some mashed potato's...THINKING...that she would let ME feed them to HER...WRONG!! As our child proceeded to grab the blob of potato's and slowly put them into her sweet mouth...yes, the whole handful, I had to laugh and wish for my camera as she had remnants of potato smeared on her cheeks, eyebrows, nose and chin!! So, as her cheeks were filled (and if you have ever seen our sweet baby's cheeks...there's a lot of room in there...) and as mashed potato's were slowly finding their way back out of her mouth and I could see the pride on her face....I thought...THIS IS WHAT LIFE IS ALL ABOUT!!!

My parents were in town a couple of weekends ago: Here are a few pictures from our adventure to the River Walk and her first sopapia....




























HAVE A BLESSED WEEK....

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Lauren, Thanks so much for the message you left me on "Waiting Patiently with an Angel" blog. I am amazed at how the Lord works and shows me that we aren't alone when it comes to what we have gone thru. Im still in shock! I would love to be a follower of your blog and you on mine as well. God bless and please do keep in touch!

NieNie and Goose said...

oh you have to get pictures of the mashed potato eating!!! how cute!