Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Because I HAVE to do something...

I always knew that the "post baby body" wouldn't be like I would like to imagine (you know, automatically skinny and sassy!)! HA!  However, after TWO babies, my body hates me! So, I am doing something about it!  Greg and I have been trying to eat healthier and I am trying not to drink anymore cokes; however, I have my occasional "save me" coke! :) I have a goal of 25 pounds to loose!  But, with two kiddo's and a full time job, I was really having a hard time finding time to exercise!  I know that is not a great excuse, but it's mine! 

So, the other day during our Church service, our pastor announced that there is a member of our congregation that runs marathons!  He says he loves to run; however, he wants to find a way to give through running!  So, he is putting together a team that he will train to run a 5K, Half Marathon and a Full Marathon!  There is a marathon in January in Houston that we are going to train for and through this we are going to raise money for World Vision and donate all of the money raised!!  I am so pumped about this!  I long to be a runner!  As soon as our pastor was talking about it, I knew this was my shot!  So, my sister and I are going to train together for the 5K!

So, I began my journey last night!  I got dinner going and almost ready and Greg fed the girls and I went walking/running!  I have researched on runners world a program/schedule to get your body ready and in shape.  I found a 10 week program that sounds great!  Week 1: walk for 4 minutes (fast paced)/running for 2 minutes and alternate these for a full 30 minutes!  AND I DID IT!!  I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT!! I DID IT!  There is no way in my mind I thought I could run for a full two minutes, but I did! and I feel great about it!  I had time to think, relax and focus on myself and my thoughts!  It was wonderful and I am really anxious and excited about this little adventure!

Here is to a healthy body and lifestyle and to raising money for World Vision!  I am so thankful God has placed this opportunity in my life!

Love,
Lauren

3 comments:

NieNie and Goose said...

Good for you! I'm proud of you! Good Luck!!

Callie said...

Wow, go you! I'm impressed. Looking forward to reading more about your training! :-)

Melanie said...

You go girl!!! I am happy for you :) I am one of those that likes to workout but I can never find the time to. I am 41wks today and this lil one doesn't want to come out! I guess my abnormal uterus is not all that bad :) I will get induced on Sunday night if nothing... My hubby is coming home from Afghanistan tomorrow for her birth so I think she is waiting on daddy :) I will update you when she arrives :) I miss emailing back and forth. I wish you the best in your journey! I have been thinking of a workout program after my lil one comes.

In Christ, Melanie