Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A bump in the road, but I am determined to make it...

Why is it that some women, when they set their mind to something, have to go all out right then-right away, because in their mind, there is not another option?!?
I am one of those women! 
Running was going great, beautiful, I felt great, I am loosing weight....until, I figured out that I am getting old and my knees hate me!  My last run was last Wednesday, and beginning Thursday morning when I stood up out of bed and almost collapsed to the floor because my legs thought it would be hilarious not to function properly!  I have been walking (more like hobbling) like a duck, a wounded duck or worse!  I have pulled something on both of my legs, right to the inside of my knee's and down the side and back of my calf.  Ooouie people!
I have tried ice, stretching, bending, squatting (which results in me falling hopelessly on my rear on the floor), medicating and wondering when the crap I got this old? What Has Happened??
So, yesterday, I gave up!  I went to my PCP and made her check it out!  It's not getting better...it hurts....like fire!  She took x-rays and wiggled my legs around and said everything checked out ok!  WHEW!  However, she said I overexerted myself ?  Ya think?     
She gave me some stretches and told me how to ease back into walking and then running again!  She told me to take it easy and not to push myself too fast!  So, I am gradually learning my lesson that maybe I am not 17 anymore and just can't hop out there and run a marathon!  HOWEVER, I AM GOING TO DO IT!  I am determined!  I am NOT going to give up on myself!!  It might just take me a bit longer to get there than I would like, but that's ok, as long as I get there!


No comments: