
I often try to take a look around and appreciate the miracles God has blessed us with in this lifetime. From the smallest thing such as rain or flowers to, what I consider the greatest miracles of all, LIFE. Before we had Paisleigh, I appreciated the miracle of life...or, so I thought I did. When we were blessed with our first beautiful healthy daughter, I quickly realized just what a miracle was. Life created by the breath of God from dust. Ever breath we take, every word we speak comes from the breath that God Himself created us with. Life, these tiny beings created from love, hope and faith...these tiny beings that grow and develop within you as you feel them grow and move for, what is really a short period of time...and then, they take that first breath of air as they enter this world and you hear that tiny beautiful cry...and tears appear as you realize what a miracle....another miracle from God....how blessed are we.

After being hospitalized for four days on May 18th to stop labor with magnesium. Then having labor stopped three more times with Tribudaline in labor and delivery and taking Albuteral daily for a week and a half....I had one of my daily visits to our maternal/fetal Dr at Covenant on May 29th. While I was having one of my usual non-stress tests performed to monitor our sweet girl....I began having my usual spat of contractions two to three minutes apart and just as intense as they had been coming for the past two weeks. I dreaded what was to come next...more tribudaline to stop the labor...more morphine and phenegran to calm me down and knock me out to help stop the contractions.....I felt like these people were never going to let me have this baby. On this day, I was exactly 36 weeks pregnant. This was a whole week longer than I went with Paisleigh and I had been given two doses of steroids for the new little one on May 18th while being hospitalized. I was comfortable with this child coming into the world. I had prayed about it and I knew she was ready and out of room because of my bicournate uterus issue! Girlfriend was squished!!
Anyways, the nurse came in and asked me if I was feeling the contractions...I thought about being sarcastic and being like "No? Contractions? What are those?" But, instead I was not in the mood to be funny at this point...I said "Uh, Yea...OUCH!" Our Dr. came in and we had a discussion between Greg, Myself and the Dr about what we wanted to do. He suggested we perform an Amnio to make sure little ones lungs were ready. We agreed as I wet my pants in fear. Not really, but really! The amnio was terrifying and it was painful, but our Dr. is amazing and it wasn't really that bad in hindsight. They gave me another dose of the Tribudaline to stop the contractions until the results from the amnio came back.
At 1:00pm we heard that the results were mature and we were to have a c-section at 5 that day. I had to have a c-section because our little one was breech. We were so excited and to make it more special...it was Greg's grandmothers 86th birthday that day too. How cool to be born 86 years to the day of your great-grandmother. Anyways, we arrived at the hospital at 3:30pm and I was immediately preped for the delivery. Surprisingly, Greg and I were both very calm and relaxed about everything. I think, this being our #2...we were a little more prepared and we knew God had His miraculous hands holding us and protecting our little ones.
ABIGAIL GRACE BROWND arrived in this world at 4:58pm on Friday May 29th, 2009. She weighed 5 pounds 14 ounces and was 18.5 inches long. She arrived with a full head of dark hair and was perfectly healthy. She is, just like our Paisleigh Marie, a miracle in our lives. I know how lucky Greg and I are to have two perfect beautiful and healthy children. I thank God with every smell of their heads and touch of their tiny fingers for their beautiful breath of life.


We are home and doing wonderful. I am loving being a momma of two now. I can not wait to watch these sisters grow up together....but, hopefully not to fast. Here are some pictures from that miraculous day....and more to come....I am sure of that.



God is Great and Wonderful and Miraculous!!!Have a blessed week!
Love, One proud Momma of TWO!!
4 comments:
Congrats on the new addition!! We miss ya'll here in NB, but are happy that you guys are doing so well. :)
Congrats girl! You will LOVE watching them grow up together!
Lola! I'm boo hooing over here! Congratulations on your beautiful little family! Your post is so very sweet and makes me miss my wonderful friend! You have a heart of gold lady. Greg & the girls are blessed!
Wow! What a journey you guys have been on and what beautiful little girls you have been blessed with! Simply amazing. We're so happy for you. God bless.
Post a Comment