Sunday, June 05, 2011

Fun in the mud...and for a good cause!

We had an experience yesterday that I never thought I would be a part of...MUD VOLLEYBALL! ...and it was a blast! 
I work for Covenant Medical Group/St. Joseph Health Systems and we put a team together to help support Communities in Schools!  There were 16 volleyball "pits" and 95 teams that participated in yesterday's activities!  Needless to say...there were SO many people covered in mud! HA!
Our team name was "Mudtallica" and we were there from 8 am until 4 pm.  We live in West Texas, so the dirt was blowing and it was pretty toasty out there all day.  We had to duct tape our shoes to our feet and ankles so the mud would not suction them off!  Luckily, we had stylish zebra tape so we stayed in true form! :)
My camera died right after our second game...so I did not get any pictures of when we were completely covered in mud...but, you can use your imagination.  Greg played on our team too and we had a blast playing in the mud together all day!
What a fun memory!











We will definitely be joining in on Mud Volleyball any chance we get!

No comments: