Monday, April 11, 2011

Reality is hard sometimes.

We had a very long weekend. Greg's grandmother, who is 92, fell and broke her hip.  My heart is broken for her and my husband's family.  She was transported to Lubbock, to Covenant and actually underwent surgery Saturday afternoon.  It was so scary and nerve racking to sit and wait...and wait...and wait.  I think, if you make it to 90+ you should not have to endure any serious surgery or health issue.  It just isn't fair.  She made it through surgery ok, and is recovering with her family by her side.  She is absolutely in God's hands, and that is very peaceful to know.
The whole ordeal really got to me and made me even further realize how precious life and family really is.  Why is it that we get so caught up in work and cleaning and the rushing around...when really, we should be soaking in every moment of our wonderful life that God has graced us with.  I stayed home with the girls yesterday and really tried to enjoy every minute and memorize their precious faces.  I know I will get busy again and not realize that I have fallen back into my rush, rush routine, but I want to remember my girls while they are little.  I know they will grow so quickly and before I know it...they will be in high school or college, with a car...and a boyfriend...eek! haha!
I used to try to "picture" my life when I was younger.  What it would be like, my marriage, my kiddos, my home for our family.  I love my life, but it is so much more busy and hard than I thought it would be.  It is so difficult to keep up.  Maybe I am throwing myself a pity party...but, I have got to get on top of this.  I have a beautiful life, with an awesome husband and two more than perfectly beautiful daughters, whom I NEVER could have "pictured" in my entire life.  God is so amazing.  He has blessed us beyond belief.  So, why I am I having so much trouble keeping it together?
I need to quit wondering, thinking and dwelling on my "picture" and just DO with this awesome life God has given me.  That is the answer...Pray about it, and do it!  Life is so fragile and goes by so quickly, and I can have everything I have ever wanted or pictured for myself...it is right here, right now, sitting in front of me plain as day.
Sorry for the rambling, but please keep my husband's grandmother in your thoughts and prayers.  Have a wonderful week...I know I am going to!

For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen.
Romans 11:36

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Prayers for Greg's grandmother and for the whole family my sweet friend. :)